jueves, abril 08, 2010

SIMPLE PRESENT - TO BE

Verbo to be – Presente Simple

To be = ser o estar.

La forma completa y la contraída son igualmente correctas, aunque la contraída es
algo más informal.


•Afirmativa
forma completa forma contraída
I am I´m
You are you´re
He is / she is / it is he´s / she´s / it´s
We are we´re
You are you´re
They are they´re


•Negación (sujeto + verbo + not)
forma completa forma contraída
I am not I´m not
You are not you aren´t
He / she / it is not he / she / it isn´t
We are not we aren´t
You are not you aren´t
They are not they aren´t


•Interrogación (verbo + sujeto)
respuesta breve + respuesta breve –
Am I ...? Yes, I am No, I´m not
Are you...? Yes, you are No, you aren´t
Is he / she / it ....? Yes, he/she/it is No, he/she/it isn´t
Are we...? Yes, we are No, we aren´t
Are you....? Yes, you are No, you aren´t
Are they....? Yes, they are No, they aren´t

Ejemplos:

• Are you a student? Yes, I am.
• Is she your friend? Yes, she is.
• Are they your classmates? No, they aren´t.

EXERCISES Verb to be – Simple Present
1. Write am, is or are.

1. Mary ...... a teacher.
2. My friends ...... Italian.
3. They ...... doctors.
4. She ...... from Holland.
5. I ...... an engineer.
6. Paul ...... very tall.
7. London ...... the capital of England.
8. We ...... American.
9. Mary and Eve ...... from Russia.
10.Your parents ...... teachers.

2. Write the sentences in exercise 1 in the short form, when possible.

1. Mary´s a teacher. .
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

3. Write these sentences in the negative (short form).

1. Luke´s a student.……………………………………………………………..

2. Laura and Gabriel are friends.……………………………………………………..

3. You´re from Spain. ……………………………………………………………..

4. He´s my neighbour. ……………………………………………………………..

5. We´re Italian. ……………………………………………………………..

No hay comentarios.: